innoLAE focuses on new ways to make electronics, leveraging novel processes and new functional materials to provide electronic functionality in thin, flexible and transparent designs. If your work features any of the topics below, we encourage you to submit an abstract for a poster or oral presentation before the revised call for papers deadline.
- Manufacturing LAE
- Addressing the challenges and opportunities of non-traditional substrates e.g. paper, plastics, metal, fabrics, living tissue
- Improved and novel processes for LAE manufacturing offering higher throughput, functionality, yield or lower cost
- Entirely new paradigms for LAE manufacturing
- Tackling the challenges of scale-up in LAE manufacturing, including metrology, yield, lean manufacture and design for manufacturing
- 3D printing of electronics
- High-performance materials for LAE including
- Organic semiconductors,
- Metal oxides,
- Graphene, 2D and layered materials,
- Perovskite materials
- Quantum dots,
- Novel conductors and dielectrics
- stretchable and biocompatible materials,
- biodegradable substrates, etc. (not including production technologies for materials)
- Novel devices and systems for LAE
- OLEDs for display and lighting
- Transistors, diodes, sensors, detectors, etc.
- Energy harvesting and storage using LAE – (e.g. RF, piezo, thermal and solar harvesting, printable batteries and supercapacitors)
- Third generation PV – organic, perovskite, QD and other hybrids
- Circuit elements e.g. amplifiers, A-D converters, multiplexers, microprocessors etc.
- Circuits incorporating LAE including multi-element LAE device arrays
- Flexible displays – both emissive and reflective
- LAE Technology Platforms
- Flexible hybrid electronics - integrating organic or printed electronics with thinned and unpackaged conventional semiconductor devices,
- E-textiles and wearable LAE
- Stretchable and conformable electronics
- Structural electronics
- Applications of LAEIncluding
- Internet of Things,
- Healthcare and medical,
- Smart buildings
- Security applications
- Design of systems using LAE components for particular applications
- Application case studies of new LAE systems used in market trials
- Bioelectronics: LAE devices and systems for bioelectronics; new applications of bioelectronics; new business models for bioelectronics
- Sustainability of LAE: Sustainable materials; End-of-life management; waste reduction; recycling and reuse of LAE materials, components and systems; Opportunities for LAE to enable a sustainable economy
The deadline for submisison of abstracts for oral presentation at innoLAE 2020 has now ended, however we are still able to accept submisisons for late news posters and you can submit a late news abstract online
- Abstracts s need to follow the Word document template provided, here.
- Your abstract file should then be uploaded, alongside your details, using the online submission form.
- For further submission instructions see the guidelines document.
- A condition of submission is that, if accepted, the paper will be presented at the conference by one of the authors.
Large-Area Electronics (LAE) is a new way of making electronics and includes printed, flexible, plastic, organic and bio- electronics. LAE has the potential to both open up new markets for electronics and to expand existing products by adding new form factors, new functionality and enabling new cost structures. Applications abound in high growth industrial sectors such as healthcare and medical, sport and fitness, fast moving consumer goods, automotive, the Internet of Everything, printing and packaging and smart wearables. The new form factors and flexibility possible with LAE allow electronic systems to be deployed in a wide variety of non-traditional situations: in and on paper, plastic, textiles, furniture, cars and buildings, as well as on packaging and even in and on the human body.
Our sixth annual conference, innoLAE 2020 will be on January 21-22 2020 at the Wellcome Genome Campus, Cambridge, UK, presenting a varied 2-day programme featuring contributions from academia and industry, highlighting the most recent and exciting innovations in LAE and new products incorporating LAE technologies. innoLAE 2020 will offer both plenary and parallel track oral presentations, a poster session with prizes awarded to the most promising scientific and technical developments, an exhibition with leading companies and organizations showcasing their latest products and developments, and networking opportunities, including a reception and a conference gala dinner at Queens' College, Cambridge.
innoLAE 2020 represents a unique opportunity to hear the latest developments from academic and industrial teams active in LAE research and technology, including keynotes and invited talks from leading international organisations.Don't miss this opportunity to present your work to a highly targeted audience of Large-Area Electronics professionals from academia, R&D and industry!
- There is just one week until innoLAE 2020! - but there is still time to register! The conference and exhibition look set to build on the successes of the past by delivering another must-attend …Read More »
- There are less than 2 weeks to go before innoLAE 2020 opens its doors, bringing together top industrial and academic speakers and more than 200 delegates. Don't miss out- register …Read More »
- Time to plan for an exciting start to 2020 - innoLAE 2020 conference and exhibition is the first major event of the new year for the Large-Area Electronics industry. The …Read More »
- IMI Europe are offering two short course training sessions on printing, deposition and processing technology - one covering wet processes and one covering dry processes - in partnership with Printed …Read More »