Professor Sir Richard Friend FRS FREng holds the Cavendish Professorship of Physics at the University of Cambridge and is Director of the Winton Programme for the Physics of Sustainability. He has pioneered the physics, materials science and engineering of semiconductor devices made with carbon-based semiconducting polymers. His research group was first to demonstrate using polymers efficient operation of field-effect transistors and light-emitting diodes. These advances revealed that the semiconductor properties of this broad class of materials are unexpectedly clean, so that semiconductor devices can both reveal their novel semiconductor physics, including their operation in efficient photovoltaic diodes, optically-pumped lasing, directly-printed polymer transistor circuits and light-emitting transistors.Professor Friend has also been directly involved in the process of commercialisation of this technology, forming several spin-out companies from the University of Cambridge including Cambridge Display Technology, Plastic Logic and Eight19. You can read more about Professor Friend's award-winning work on the Cambridge University website.
Situated at the Wellcome Genome Campus Conference Centre just 20 minutes from Stansted airport, innoLAE 2020 will host academic and industry researchers from around the world, delivering another must-attend event for anyone involved in large-area electronics, which includes printed, plastic, flexible, organic and bio-electronics.
Submit your abstract for innoLAE 2020 by 30th September for the opportunity to present your work to innoLAE’s highly targeted audience of LAE professionals working in academia, R&D and industry. Topics include:
- Manufacturing of LAE
- High performance materials for LAE
- Novel devices & systems for LAE
- LAE technology platforms
- Applications of LAE
- Sustainability and LAE
Secure your place to:
- Gain access to LAE decision-makers
- Learn from leading companies active in LAE
- Hear latest research results from academia and industry
- Form new partnerships
- Network with colleagues
Register before 31 October 2019 to take advantage of the early bird rate, at £395.
- There is just one week until innoLAE 2020! - but there is still time to register! The conference and exhibition look set to build on the successes of the past by delivering another must-attend …Read More »
- There are less than 2 weeks to go before innoLAE 2020 opens its doors, bringing together top industrial and academic speakers and more than 200 delegates. Don't miss out- register …Read More »
- Time to plan for an exciting start to 2020 - innoLAE 2020 conference and exhibition is the first major event of the new year for the Large-Area Electronics industry. The …Read More »
- IMI Europe are offering two short course training sessions on printing, deposition and processing technology - one covering wet processes and one covering dry processes - in partnership with Printed …Read More »
- With big industries such as automotive, aerospace and healthcare monitoring now taking up products comprising printed electronics, and with the expected explosive growth of the internet of things, the time …Read More »